Friday, August 17, 2012

Girls Camp

Girls Camp Time Again!!!  I was able to go with our girls to camp again this year.  We went July 31st - August 3rd up to Cinnamon Creek just east of Hyrum.  It was Stake Camp this year, and the girls were a little unsure of it would be any fun, but we always have fun at camp!!!!  Our ward was the Green Lanterns and so we wore these bright green sunglasses everywhere we went.  We have such a fun group of girls, we had a successful "snipe hunt", "egged" other wards at night with candy filled easter eggs, had midnight dance parties, painted lime green nails, had canoe tipping contests, sang our hearts out, did some service, had an amazing fireside by my new LDS singer Freddie Ashby, who is also involved in the beautiful photos "Reflections of Christ", ate great food, and had a beautiful testimony meeting.  -Sometimes I find myself finding excuses to get out of going to Girls Camp.  I don't get paid vacation at work, so every day I take off means a day of no pay, which is hard.  But then I think about what this life is about.  You can't replace experiences like this in these girls lives.  You get closer to each other, and more importantly the Savior up at Girls Camp, then almost anywhere.  I'm grateful that I sacrificed to go up.  I always loved camp as a girl, and find I still love it.  I hope my future daughters will love it too.

2 comments:

The Monson Family said...

I'm glad you were able to go. I know that you will be blessed for going. It looks like it was fun; you have a big group of girls!

Paul, Julianne and the Kids said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun! I'm sure you're an awesome leader!