Friday, October 14, 2011

St. George Weekend

My Dad is seriously awesome. On Oct. 1st he ran yet again another St. George Marathon!
He is my hero. 26.2 miles and he's almost 64!!!
It was so crazy. I've seen him run a million races, but this race was different. I WANTED TO BE THERE RUNNING IT WITH HIM THIS TIME. I had the crazy running fever. It was like when I used to watch musical plays and die over not being in there singing with them. (This musical craziness has since left me, and now I've been taken over with the racing bug.) I told Dad and he said he'd run the Ogden half marathon in Spring 2012 with me, and then when we got home he registered me and Jordan up for a Halloween 5K. Ha!! I can't wait to have my Dad back as my running partner. It's been hard to run together when I was training for a 3-6 mile races and him a marathon before. So hopefully it'll be easier to get together now.
He's seriously awesome!!!
Besides the Marathon we had a great little weekend vacation to St. George. Jordan & I rode down with Mom, Dad, and Kenz, and met up with Kim and her family there. We celebrated Ethan's 2nd Birthday down there, and I fell yet again in love with her kiddos. And then on Sunday we took a tour of the beautiful St. George Tabernacle, and then found this really cool splash pad that we had so much fun playing in.
We had a great weekend with great weather, and GREAT FAMILY.

No comments: