Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cache Valley Sprint Triathlon

Julianne convinced me to do a Triathlon with her while she was up in Utah for the summer. I was hesitant at first, but figured, What the heck? You only live once right?
So... here it is, our First Triathlon Adventure.
Big Smiles before the race begins
500 Meter Swim
Transition Area
12.5 mile Bike Ride
(Jordan let me borrow his brand new road bike. It worked like a charm)
3.1 Mile Run
(alone: Very Easy... after a 12.5 mile bike ride: Very Hard)
WE DID IT!!! (1:44:13)
Thanks for pushing me to try new things Jules. You're awesome. I had so much fun, and was glad to have a buddy to do the race with.

*PS... me completing this race in one piece, and smiling is a complete miracle. 3 weeks ago, I crashed into a stupid metal pole on my bike with McKenzie as a witness (a LAUGHING witness mind you) and cracked my rib. It finally started feeling better the last few days, and it didn't give me any trouble on the race thank goodness. Then... 4 days ago I got a horrible cold. I haven't been able to train much this week because my throat has hurt so bad. I have been so worried I wouldn't be able to do the Tri. But... I woke up the morning of the race feeling great, and my throat didn't bother me the entire time.
Moral of the story... Miracles happen, prayers are answered, and I am one happy girl.

6 comments:

Karen said...

The pictures were great! GOOD JOB Jordan! I can't tell you enough how proud I am to see both of my girls in such great shape and able to do things that I only have dreamed about.
You are amazing Shalyce and my prayers were answered in your behalf. i am so glad you are feeling better.
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Oh Im so glad the rib has healed! hahaha Way to go! youre awesome! Love you!

Scott and Angie said...

You look great! Your an amazing athlete. Good job!

The Monson Family said...

Wow Shalyce! You are amazing to do all of these things. Way to go. (Sorry to hear about the cracked rib; ouch!)

Camille said...

I guess I need to check your blog more often! I just read all the way down to the Ragnar. I loved everything you wrote. You're so good at this. I loved the swimming photos (since I missed that part). You and Julianne were amazing. I'm glad I got to be there a little bit.

Erin said...

You are amazing!!