We had a fabulous Fourth of July. Here are a few of the events that made is special.
4th of July isn't the same without Jordan singing in the bank choir Sunday night at the Layton Amphitheater . Haha this is always a comical scene.
Jordan & I ran the Layton 4th of July 5K early in the morning, and then headed off to Mom & Dad's to celebrate Julianne's birthday with a pancake breakfast. Julianne & I are doing a Triathlon this coming Saturday. We've been swimming, running, and biking together. Hopefully our hard work will pay off, and we'll have some fun.
Then off to the Kaysville parade. Classic. We sat on Grandma John's lawn, because one of Paul's friends lives there now. He let us walk around the house and yard, and it brought back so many memories of Grandma. Oh how I miss her. I can't think of 4th of July without thinking of her.
After the parade me and McKenzie threw a little Birthday party for all our cute nieces. Brooklynn, Alyssa, Megan, Paige, and Ashlie all have birthdays from June 29th- July 11th. So we had a water/birthday party for them all. We did the slip 'n slide, ran through the sprinklers, jumped on the tramp, tossed water balloons, swam in the the hot tub, and had cupcakes and popsicles. Fun, Fun.
Then we headed off to Jordan's sister, Natalie's house for a yummy BBQ, and then ended the night off at Adam's house for our own personal firework show. This year aerial fireworks became legal, so Adam took advantage. I've never seen Adam so excited, as he was to show off his firework display. He was like a kid on Christmas morning.
Good news... the firework show did not disappoint. It was AWESOME!! Good work Adam.
What a fun 4th of July we had. Lots of family, lots of food, and lots of fun. Too bad this all came with lots of allergies that turned into a nasty cold for me. Boo. So now I'm soaking off my Holiday Hangover in bed drinking wassail, and popping Claritin and cough drops like candy.

Even though my celebrating left me under the weather, I'm still proud to be an American.
God Bless America!!
2 comments:
It looks like a fun fourth!
It was so fun to be at Grandma's. I was a little teary being in her home after all these years.
Post a Comment