We have had some great Young Women activities lately. We just barely took the girls to the Brigham City Temple Open House. It is such a beautiful temple, and I think it's such a good experience to let the girls see the inside of a Temple, and feel the spirit inside. It was a great night.
(Never mind the 2+ hour wait that we had before we could get in.)
One of our leaders is an awesome photographer, and took these gorgeous pictures.
-Another awesome activity we had recently was where we told the kids we were doing a photo scavenger hunt. And then at the different places the kids went we had "actors" set up pretending to be in need of help. We had someone set up at the library who dropped her books, someone at the park searching for a lost wedding ring, and my awesome Dad pretending to have a hurt leg and needing help grocery shopping. .JPG)
It was awesome watching the kids help out the strangers. They were champs, and helped every one of them. One girl even asked the lady looking for her ring if they could say offer a prayer to help them find it. My Dad was so impressed with the kids. Hardly anyone walked by him without offering help. We then returned to the church to see what team one the scavenger hunt, and then brought in the guest actors. The kids were so surprised and it was an awesome night. The kids had fun, and learned a great lesson. I love it when mutual is a success.
In other news, I was asked by our YM President to teach the combined Young Men lesson on Sunday about Respecting Women. Jordan & I ended up teaching it together. I was so nervous, and felt so out of place, but I think it went over okay. I was just glad to have Jordan there with me.


2 comments:
The activities sound like a blast!! I would have loved to have done that scavenger hunt when I was a yw!! You are so much fun!! I bet your lesson was wonderful!! Love ya!
I'm just busting up looking at that picture of dad on the riding cart!!! Oh I wish I could've seen him do that SOOO BAD!
Post a Comment