Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mom's Retirement Parties

After 25 years, my sweet Mom finally has decided to retire.  My Dad's been retired for a few years now, and I'm excited for them to be home together now. 
(I made these invitations, and insisted that we have a party in her honor.)
The whole family, minus Julianne & her family- We always miss them. The Grandkids are so happy Grandma's going to be home more to play.  Look at those smiles.
 
Mom's family is always so supportive.
We timed the party just right so that Dad's family could make it too.  My Aunt LaRae & Uncle Wayne left 2 days later to serve a mission in Honduras.  So everyone was down to say their goodbyes.  It was nice to see my Dad's siblings since we don't see them near enough.
Her school also threw her a retirement party.  It was so nice.  So many people showed up to see her.  TONS of students past and present came by, tons of past co-workers, and lots of friends and family.  It was such a nice party.  You could tell she was truly loved.
My Mom is amazing. She was an incredible teacher, and touched so many lives. She loved teaching, and taught strong till the end.
 I'm grateful to say I was able to have her as a teacher long ago in Pre-school, but even better then that is that she's taught me every day since then.   I love her, and I'm so happy for her to embark on a new adventure.

No comments: