Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cancun Paradise

Jordan & I took a trip of a lifetime for his graduation present to Cancun, Mexico May 6-12th. We had such a good time together. It was so relaxing, and nice to have a break from reality, and especially technology. No internet, no cell phones, no business, no stress. It was much needed. We stayed at a beautiful all-inclusive resort called, Barcelo Maya Palace, about an hour out of Cancun in Riviera Maya. It was absolutely gorgeous, and we loved every second.
This is the view from our balcony. I couldn't get enough of it. We sat out on the balcony everyday and just soaked in the beauty.
This is the bathroom. It was huge, and I LOVED it!
Such a nice room. King sized beds, and two couches. We were spoiled.
Here's a few pictures from around the resort. We could walk right out to the beach. We spent most of our time in the pools because they were huge, and didn't have that ocean taste in them. We couldn't get enough swimming in.

Jordan snorkeling at the resort. There were TONS of fish right here.


We finally got smart after MAJOR sunburns the first day, and spent a lot of time in the shade reading and sleeping. Get this though... we're on vacation and what book does Jordan take to read?... A book about the Declaration of Independence. Not my idea of a vacation book. Haha He kills me. I spent a lot of time in that comfy hammock sleeping.
"The sun & the sand, and a drink in my hand... with no bottom" I listened to Kenny Cheseny the whole week before this trip to get me in the Mexico mood. And boy did it work. The "virgin" Strawberry Daiquiri's and Pina Colada's were delicious. The food however was not. This was the only downside of the whole trip. We ate a hamburger at the airport on the way home, and I almost cried it tasted so good.
We only did one excursion the whole trip, because we loved staying at the resort so much. We took a tour called "Tulum Extreme". They drove us to some jungle area where we did repelling, zip lining, and snorkeling in a cenote (underground cave). It was so much fun! Here we are doing our "extreme" pose right before repelling.
Us at the Talum Mayan Ruins.
We had a wonderful trip. It was so fun to just be with my sweetheart in such a beautiful place. But I can't lie, there's just something about home. We're happy to be home, not so happy to go back to work and reality Monday though.

12 comments:

Kiley said...

How fun! That resort looks awesome.

Karen said...

Shalyce, Your trip looks wonderful!! How fun and relaxing. It looks so beautiful. I hope the sunburns will be a good reminder of the FUN you had!!
I love having you home!
Love, Mom

The Monson Family said...

I'm so jealous! It would be so much fun to go on a trip with just Gary and I. It looks like you guys had an awesome time, and the resort is so gorgeous!

Camille said...

I'm so glad you had fun! The resort looks beautiful, and I never can get sick of looking at that bright blue water. I'm so glad you two were able to take this trip. Yeah, that doesn't sound like a vacation book to me either! :)

Scott and Angie said...

That is so pretty. I want to go there right now and escape this weather! Im so glad you.guys were able to go.relax and have a good time. You.deserve it!

Nick and Casey Hill said...

looks like you guys had a blast and a half! I'm so glad you had fun! i would kill for some beautiful weather like that right now!

Erin said...

Oh Shalyce! How fun!!! I just really wish you would have taken a picture of the Shakira shirt!!! :)

C+R said...

I have heard so many wonderful things about this place! Awesome shalyce, good you guys! You totally deserve it:)

Paul, Julianne and the Kids said...

Ohhh Wow! That place looks awesome!! It sounds so fun and relaxing! I could see your sunburn in the repelling picture. Ha! Ha! I'm glad you guys were able to go and do this trip! You deserved it!

Char! said...

Looks and sounds amazing!!!! I'm so glad you could get away and celebrate Jordans graduation!!! GO JORDAN!!!

Paul, Julianne and the Kids said...

So the picture of Jordan in the hot tub...totally looks like he's passing gas. Just sayin.

The DeGiulio's said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing trip!