Sunday, April 10, 2011

San Diego

My office took this week off for Spring Break so I had no choice but to take advantage of time off work, and VACATION!!! Sadly, Jordan still had work and school, so I bummed along with my family and we headed off to sunny San Diego, while Jordan stayed at home and studied and wrote research papers. (I promise one day we'll take a trip together Jordan. Promise) I drove down with Kim, Adam, Ethan, Alyssa, Mom, Dad, and McKenzie, and we met up with Julianne and her family once we got to the hotel. It was so fun to be together, and not so fun coming home to snow, rain, and cold weather.
La Jolla Cove- This beach was amazing!!! We could walk right up to the seals that are in the background. And there were really neat tide pools full of crabs and fish in this tunnel Paul is walking through.
Everything here was just beautiful!
A neat statue at Fisherman's Wharf- We also saw some cool pirate ships here.
Brooklynn posing in front of the beautiful San Diego Temple.
I love my sisters. We missed you Camille!
My absolute favorite part of the trip... playing with my nieces and nephews. I love them all so much. I wish I had a picture of Paxton laughing in the swimming pool with me. We had so much together. Here we are having fun playing in the sand together. We made a killer sandcastle and buried all the kids in the sand. I promise they liked it.
I love my family, and had so much fun spending the week with them. But I did miss my husband. When I came home he told me that if I'm going to keep leaving him behind like I have been, he's going to have to get a dog to keep him company. So.... I guess no more vacations alone :)

3 comments:

The Monson Family said...

Cute pictures! It looks like such a fun trip with family. (Poor Jordan; stuck at home doing homework).

Paul, Julianne and the Kids said...

What a fun trip! I'm so glad that you were able to go! You are a fun aunt! My kids absolutely love you! oh - and so do I! :)

Camille said...

I loved your pictures. I am going to have to visit that beach and the San Diego temple someday. Beautiful!