Friday, October 22, 2010

Top 10 Reasons We Love Being Homeowners

We're HOMEOWNERS!!
We love our new house. It feels so good here, and we're so happy.
I've had requests for pictures. So here's the tour.
This is the entry way/great room/living room

Kitchen
The master bedroom, I couldn't get a good picture of the Master Bathroom. But we love having a jetted tub and separate shower. It's heaven.
Family room. Bad lighting in this picture. The walls are not pink.
And our beautiful view from the backyard.
TOP TEN REASONS WE LOVE BEING HOMEOWNERS
10. Our vacuum mysteriously works at this house. It always smelled like it was burning and going to die at the apartment. Hmmm curious.
9. Incredible neighbors that make us feel like actual adults.
8. We have room for more than one guest to come over at a time now.
7. We can talk loud or watch a movie and not feel bad about bothering the people upstairs. Occasionally we shout just because we can. It's great.
6. We have our very own mailbox, and don't have to run over to mom and dad's to get our mail anymore.
5. I don't have to listen to the mexican country music being blared upstairs by our landlord.
4. Or smell they're yucky cooking that constantly filled our apartment.
3. We have a ceiling fan and control over the thermostat.
2. We have windows!!! I thought I was happy before, but now I think I might have been in depression because of how wonderful it is to be able to look out the windows and see the beautiful world.
1. No more Maggie!!!! (Maggie was our Landlord, and we left on bad terms. The full story is not blog worthy. But if you ever need some drama in your life, I have a good story. But believe me. Being Maggie free is definitely worthy of being #1 on our list!!)

19 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

I love your house! And you have decorated it SO cute!

Jen Story~Storybook Photos said...

Shalyce!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the house! It is SO cute! I am glad to see you are doing well! I miss seeing your cute face at school! It's just not the same without you!! Love Ya!! Jen :0)

Alyse said...

Wow! You guys rock at life! That is an awesome first house!!! Love it! Sure miss your face!

KILEY said...

Shalyce! I LOVE it! Seriously. I want to come over so bad. Lets do this.

Kendra said...

Your house is so cute! I love it! Congrats!!

Jon said...

Congratulations guys! The house looks nice!

-Randall.Ashley- said...

Your house looks so good Shalyce!! I'm a tad bit jealous! You decorate so cute! Congrats!

Aaron and Jenny Westbroek said...

Oh woman......I totally understand the "Maggie thing"!!!! Oh she's a horrible person!! Glad you are outta there!! Yeah and congrats my friend!! I'm so happy for you!! I love how you have decorated.....I need you to come and help me!!! Also, don't have any kids!!! I can't remember when my house looked like that! Gabe has trashed everything including our leather couches! I am never getting another couch until he's like 15!! Ha ha!! I noticed your rugs......are those the ones Howard gave you?!!!! Love it and I just love you!! Congrats....you deserve to be Maggie free!!!

Paul, Julianne and the Kids said...

Isn't it so nice to be a home owner! I love your house! It's like a model home! Luv ya!

Nick and Casey Hill said...

We love your house too! So fun to hang out with you guys! (no matter where you live)

Mrs. Carter said...

Love the house! Soooo cute! It makes me jealous that I will be living in post housing and can't go buy a beautiful house like yours!

Laura said...

Your house is so so cute! Congrats on home ownership!

The Monson Family said...

Congrats! Your home is SO beautiful! So, room for lots of guests, or BABIES! (JK)

Erin said...

I LOVE it Shalyce!! It's so cute!!

Mike and Hays said...

LOVE your house!!! It is So dang cute!! Mike wants to buy one now because he just loves yours! I'm glad you got out of your rental! Let's hang out soon! We miss you!

Jodie said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys! Your house is gorgeous!

Monica said...

This is wonderful--you guys deserve this so much!

I miss all my DHS buddies. We should have a little reunion during the holidays!

C+R said...

SO SO SO CUTE!!! I love it! You are going to have to invite me over for a personal tour:) We should do a girls party or lunch or something? Where is your new home?

Char! said...

Oh Shalyce your house is amazing! Not that I would have expected any less! I think I want to move in! I just can't take it! I need to see it in person! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! AHH!!! Congrats to the both of you! And I LOVE the new furniture!