Friday, October 22, 2010

A quarter of a century old?!!

Well the depressing day arrived. I turned 25. I'm old. I guess I'll just pout and cry all day.
You can't pout too much though when you're surrounded by cute kids like this that constantly are giving you birthday hugs and kisses.
Or when you get to have lunch at Cheesecake factory with people you love, and you have an excuse to eat all your Red Velvet Cheesecake.
Or when your birthday cake looks like this and tastes even better. Or when your husband looks like that.
Or when you get to go tubing down the Ogden Canyon River one last time because the weather is still incredibly warm in September.
Okay, and there's definitely no pouting allowed if this is your birthday present. We closed on our very first home on my birthday. Okay, so I guess turning a quarter of a century old has its advantages. I may be old, but I have a wonderful family, thoughtful friends, and am blessed beyond measure.

****************************
PS... My little sister is GORGEOUS!!! There are no words.
My nieces are so cute. They totally thought McKenzie was getting married as she got ready for the Homecoming dance. They dressed up like brides and kept singing "Here come's the Bride" awaiting the arrival of McKenzie's "prince charming". Gotta love kids!

3 comments:

Paul, Julianne and the Kids said...

I'm glad you blogged about all your BLESSINGS! You are not an old fart, like your sister! You have a fun life! I'd like to go back and be 25! Enjoy it while you can!

-Randall.Ashley- said...

Whoo!! Hope your birthday was great! Looks like you had a great day!

Unknown said...

I love you Shalyce!! You are such a great sister... no words to explain the love im pouring out right now!!! ;)