Sunday, May 23, 2010

Trying To Be Crafty

I've been feeling a little crafty lately. A week ago, I thought that I could successfully make an arm band for Jordan to put his cell phone in so he can listen to music while he runs. I spent $6 on materials, and thought I was being super thrifty. But, I didn't get along very well with the sewing machine apparently because it was a complete and utter DISASTER. My Dad and Jordan were there to watch, and were laughing hysterically. I admit, it was really, REALLY bad.
So... I got on the internet that night, and bought him this REAL ARM BAND for a whopping $2.50. (Why when I can get good deals like this, do I even try?) It came in the mail yesterday, and is so much better. When we opened the package Jordan & Dad again had a good laugh at my sewing attempt. I didn't take any pictures of my 1st arm band attempt because I knew everyone would make fun of me. So, use your imagination. I'm sure what I made was worse than anything you can imagine though. Seriously.

After the disaster, I decided to try my hand at painting. This turned out WAY better. I still am embarrassed about the sewing project, but this has to redeem me in some way.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

I never attempt to do anything crafty involving the sewing machine. I cannot sew for the life of me. I stick to painting and bow making...that is about all I can manage.

The Monson Family said...

I'm sure the arm band wasn't as bad as you are saying, but the watermelon project is super-cute!

KILEY said...

You might as well give it a try though right? I love to craft and an armband sounds really hard to make. Cute painting project though!

Cole & Jess said...

Cute Watermelon!!

Unknown said...

Oh Shalyce the watermelon turned out so cute! and the arm band wasn't all that bad! maybe a little more practice and we will get it down next time!

Kendra said...

That is SO cute!!! I love it! Now Now I might have to attempt something crafty!

alananddanielle said...

Cute summer crafties. Wish I had the time to do some of those cute things right now. I love that kind of stuff.

Paul, Julianne and the Kids said...

Your crafts turned out really cute! You're so funny about the arm band thing! I never would have tried to make my own! Sounds hard!You get brownie points for just attempting it!

Scott and Angie said...

Haha that took me right back to Jr High and trying to sew pockets onto the pants I made. Oh man. Im SURE your project turned out much better then mine!

Nick and Casey Hill said...

I love your watermelon!

Brooke and Darin said...

Sometimes I get the urge to be crafty too. But then when I see how it turns out it makes me not want to make anything. :)