Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sure Signs That I'm A Big Nerd

Just in case you didn't know this already, I'm a big nerd. Reason #1 being... yesterday in clinic my patient came back, he opened his mouth, and I almost teared up because of the glorious thing I laid my eyes upon. A huge bridge of calculus on his lower teeth!!! I know most of you don't even know what that is, but it just made my day. So I know this is really sick, but I see it and think, "My life is so wonderful!" (See, I told you I was nerdy)
Reason #2 I'm a nerd... This also has to do with this same patient I saw yesterday. He spoke mostly Spanish, and a little broken English. So as he was filling out his health history (in Spanish mind you) I noticed he didn't answer #10. So I asked him in my very best Spanish, "Numero Diez?!" He looked at the health history, got a huge grin on his face, pointed to his belly and said in his broken English, "I no pregnant... I think." Ha Ha Ha!!!! We were laughing for at least 10 minutes. I felt like such a nerd. Oh man, maybe I should find out what those Spanish health histories say before I make myself look like a moron in front of everyone. So... anyway, there's my nerdiness for the day.

9 comments:

Hydee said...

haha...You crack me up Shaylce! :) I don't even attempt to explain to patients those Spanish forms...I just know that I'll make a complete fool of myself. :)

Paul, Julianne and the Kids said...

Ok-That picture of those teeth totally grosses me out! You NERD!

JD and Alicia said...

You are so funny! I think I just laughed for 10 minutes! Ha ha ha! I miss you!

KILEY said...

Those teeth are so nasty. Did you clean them right up? Too bad he was not a pregnant Spanish speaking mna. I think you could have made a lot of money.

Kim said...

Shalyce you are a HUGE NERD! I can't stop laughing. The teeth picture is one of the sickest things ever. You have a strange sense of what is cool, but we love you anyway.

The DeGiulio's said...

I have to ask was that a picture you took of your patient or one you got off the internet? Hey I'd be excited too. Some of the patients I get off the recall list and read their info Im thinking please be my board patient or a class III or IV. I know its bad. I dont think your a nerd at all. ANd thats really funny about question #10. Its really nice we have interpreters now, I had one come in on THursday for me so helpful.

PS I couldnt be a nurse either. I can usually handle the hospital but I hate the ER. I'd much rather be in peoples mouths then dealing with all their body parts blah.

Unknown said...

OH Dr. Harrison I am so proud of you way to go with cleanin those teeth!!! But oh man you just make my day I just love ya millions and more even if you are a nerd!!!!

Camille said...

Yeah, you're a nerd!!

Camille said...

By the way - are those his teeth?